He tried to fob me off with an equivocal answer. 他模棱两可地想把我的问话搪塞过去。
I managed to fob that old sofa off on them. 我想办法把那个旧沙发糊弄着卖给他们。
When I went to complain, the manager just tried to fob me off. 当我去抱怨的时候,经理只是尽力敷衍打发我走。
The peddler tried to fob off a worthless article on little Tom. 小贩企图把件废品卖给小汤姆。
She managed to fob her old car off on an unsuspecting buyer. 她总算设法把她那辆旧车卖给了一位没起疑心的买主。
"There's no need to worry, for your husband knows how to fob the gang off" 不用着急,你丈夫知道怎样把那帮人打发走
Please do not FOB me off with the explanation that the applause is thanks for an excellent performance. 请不要用“鼓掌是为了感谢精彩的演出”这样的解释来糊弄我。
Max Baucus, chairman of the Senate Finance Committee, and chuck Grassley, ranking member, who requested the ITC investigation, accused China of trying to fob off American businesses with small steps and empty promises. 要求itc展开调查的美国参议院金融委员会主席马克斯鲍卡斯(maxbaucus)和副主席查尔斯格拉斯利(charlesgrassley),指责中国试图用小动作和空头承诺搪塞美国企业。
Dishonest tradesmen used to fob off inferior goods on the customers. 过去奸商常以次货欺骗顾客。
She tried to fob all her junk off onto me. 她设法向我骗售她的所有旧货。
She tried to fob me off with some excuse. 她试图找些借口搪塞我。
He may try to fob you off with a prescription for pills. 他可能会试图开一些药丸把你打发掉。
Why do they now fob off what once they would have welcomed eagerly? 他们一度求之不得的东西为什么现在要丢弃呢?
He tried to fob us off with the excuse that he had been ill, and so had overlooked the matter. 他企图以病为借口欺骗我们,说因为生病才忽略了这件事。
At town-hall meetings, he does not FOB voters off with a single sound-bite; he lets them ask follow-up questions. 在市政厅会议上,他不是单用一句漂亮话来唬弄选民;他让它们提穷根究底的问题。
Those who favour Turkey's membership of the EU fear that Club Med is designed to fob it off with second-class citizenship. 那些希望土耳其加入欧盟的人害怕地中海联盟是用来给搪塞土耳其,让它安于当二等公民的组织。